SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

christmas in july


We're having Christmas in July at our house. Last year I waited until early November to start planning how I wanted to decorate. I put a lot of thought and time into decorating for Christmas,  but always seem to see a great new idea or theme just as soon as I'm finished. Last year about a week after the stockings were hung {by the chimney with care, of course}, Emily at Jones Design Company did a great post showing several beautiful options for tree decorating.  I really wanted to start over, but at that point, after pulling Landon away from the tree every second minute, I just wasn't up to it.

So this month, I'm looking over all the blog posts and magazine ideas I saved from last year and plan to start working on some craft projects and shopping for some new decorations. Michaels and Hobby Lobby should have some Christmas items out this month {I saw fall and Halloween decor at Michaels just last week}. And flea markets always seem to have Christmas items - they are a great place to find vintage Christmas ornaments and children's books. 


We are also going shop for gifts this month too. I'm planning to buy for everyone on our family and friends Christmas list. That way, when the actual Christmas season rolls around, I'll only be shopping for Mike and Landon.  Doing as much as I can now, when I have the time and don't feel that all-too-familiar holiday rush, I'll be able to spend the actual Christmas season enjoying my family, baking lots and lots of goodies and watching Christmas cartoons with Landon. 


Want to join me?  Share your Christmas in July project by linking up below. It doesn't have to be a new project, just something to inspire! We'll be linking up every Tuesday thru the month of July. 


Here's my first project/search. I've been looking for the fabric in this picture for two years. I don't know if it's a just a piece of fabric, a tablecloth, etc. I do know it's not by MODA or Gooseberry Patch. It could possibly be a vintage reproduction... If someone can help me track it down, I would be so grateful. 

 

2 comments :

  1. This is a great idea...... not only the planning but the shopping early. I am making cards right now so I don't leave it until Nov.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need to add that to my list. Even if I'm not sure of the exact card yet, I can pick a card size and go ahead and do the envelopes. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete