SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 6, 2015

five on friday

What a week it's been here in WV. We got several inches of rain on Wednesday, over a foot of snow yesterday, and today we woke up to 0* temperatures. Please send sunshine! 

I'm joining up for Five on Friday again this week. Here we go!



1. Landon loves making his own popsicles. We've been using ice trays as molds, so I thought it would be fun to put a real set of popsicle molds in his Easter basket. I have this set in my shopping cart.  Any other sets I should consider? I'm already thinking about flavors and how I'll sneak some veggies in.
 

2.  I am definitely over this cold weather and hope that what we got yesterday was our last of the snow. Thinking about warmer weather and new flip flops always helps get me ready for spring. Yellow Box makes my favorite flips and I really like this pair. I actually have several Yellow Box pairs and they are all so comfy.  And if you're looking for a great foot lotion to get your feet ready to be seen, I definitely recommend Gold Bond Diabetic. It's amazing and you really can tell a difference right away.  


3. I like baking from scratch but sometimes a mix is just so convenient. These brownies are my new absolute favorite. The caramel is delicious and gets a little crispy around the edges when done. They are delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. I need to go mix some up right now.  


4. I love fried chicken but hate the mess and all the grease. Plus I just cannot even compete with my sister's fried chicken. And then I came across this. How good does this chicken look? And it's oven-fried you guys!! I've had it on my pinterest board for a while and am going to try it out on Sunday. I love a chance to use my cast-iron skillet. Add mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts and rolls...yum! The recipe and photo are  from Becky at The Two Bite Club. Check out her blog if you get a chance. It's great.  



5. I'm starting this book tonight. My sister and I are big James Patterson fans and especially love his Alex Cross series. I'll be reading the actual hard copy, which will seem different to me - I'm used to reading everything through Kindle on my iPad. I'll try to have a post up next week about other books I enjoy. 


Have a great weekend!
Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment