SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

amish custard


Easter is only a few days away so I'm making plans for what I'll be contributing. My sister hosts our family dinner and I always bring a side dish and dessert. For my dessert I'm making a treat called Amish Custard (we'll talk about the other dish later). It's not really a custard, so I'm not sure how it got its name. I've seen it in Pinterest with a few different names. But since I love all things Amish, let's stick with that. The end result is a delicious blend of sweetened cream cheese & chocolate on a flaky pecan crust. There's never any left over, so sometimes I make two to be sure Mike and Landon have some to eat at home. A mama has to take care of her boys!

Amish Custard
1 c. flour
1 stick butter 
1 c. chopped pecans
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. Cool Whip 
Instant chocolate pudding 

Melt butter, add flour and pecans. Spread mixture in bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool. Make pudding according to directions on box. Mix cream cheese & powdered sugar, add Cool Whip & stir until blended well. Spread cream cheese mixture onto cooled crust, followed by chocolate pudding. Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with chopped pecans. 

Happy Easter! Jesus lives & because He was victorious over sin & death, we too can be.

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment