SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Festive Cranberry Salad


Here's an old tried and true recipe. I made this for the first time back in 1998 - my first married Thanksgiving. Oh my goodness, I was so proud of it!!  I remember Mike and I shopping at Big Bear, carefully choosing all the ingredients we needed. We were still newlyweds - married less than two months. Those were such good days! I still have my recipe from Taste of Home magazine, placed carefully in my  photo album recipe keeper. Pinterest wasn't around back then!

This is a nice light and tart salad. It's so easy to prepare and can be served as a meal accompaniment or a dessert. 

 Festive Cranberry Salad
  • 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
In a bowl, combine milk and lemon juice; mix well. Stir in pineapple, cranberry sauce, marshmallows, pecans and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-16 servings.

Recipe & Photo: Taste of Home

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment