SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 22, 2016

five on friday - snowed in

Welcome to Five on Friday. I'm doing a snowed-in version today. There's nothing like a cozy snow day at home with all your family. We're planning lots of cuddling, eating and, of course, snow ball fights. 


Later this evening I'm introducing Landon to one of my favorite childhood movies, Pete's Dragon. We listen to the soundtrack sometimes, but Landon has never watched the movie. I hope he loves it as much as I do. And ya'll, it is so sweet to hear him sing Candle on the Water! 


Snowy weather just calls for comfort food. We're souped and stewed out, so we're going with a small low country boil this evening. Lots of shrimp, potatoes, corn & sausage... I cannot wait. We'll eat on blankets on the living room floor so we can watch the snow come down.  I like this recipe, but replace half the shrimp with smoked sausage. I also serve with cocktail sauce.


 
We'll also need a sweet treat, so I'm going to be making this tomorrow. I saw the video on Facebook last week. I can't find it now to link up, but here's the recipe/method.

Deep Dish Caramel Skillet Cookie
1 Pkg Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1 Pkg Kraft Caramels
1 Pkg Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels

Microwave Caramels 45 seconds. Place 1/2 of cookie dough in bottom of skillet spread evenly. Pour melted caramel on top. Put chips on caramel then place other 1/2 of flattened cookie dough evenly on top of caramel and chocolate. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Doesn't that sound good?!




Snow days are also good for playing board games. I got this for Mike back in the summer and it's such a fun throwback to our childhood days.  We may also end up walking over to my sister's house to get in a few games of canasta. So much fun!



Lastly, if you want to join our book club, watch for the info coming up on Instagram. I'm ToniaTHC. We'll be reading Joanne Fluke's Wedding Cake Murder.  I really hope you'll join us. 




Have a great weekend!

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png


Post a Comment