SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, February 5, 2016

Five On Friday - Valentine's Edition


Hooray for Friday!! We're kicking off all things Valentine's today and I couldn't be more excited. I love Valentine's Day, not so much for the romance, but as a chance to show everyone we love just how much they mean. I'm linking up with Five on Friday again this week to share five of my Valentine faves. Here we go!!


Our dinner menu for Valentine's Day changes yearly, but dessert ALWAYS stays the same. I've been eating cherry cheese pie since my aunt Trudy made it way back when I was 5 years old. Yes, it's that good!  You can find the recipe here.  We also love cake balls, especially red velvet. You can find my recipe for those  here.  

Ralph Lauren's Romance is one of my favorite perfumes. Mike got me a bottle about two years ago and I still have it. I only wear it in February, which makes it even more special.


As I mentioned above, we always eat at home for Valentine's Dinner. Crowded restaurants are NOT our thing at all. We prefer to stay home and have a good meal, dessert and a movie or just catch up on the DVR.  We like it that way. But we still love good food. I was thinking of surf and turf this year with filet and shrimp, but now I'm thinking filet and scallops after seeing this at Iowa Girl Eats. Yes, please!! 


My sister and I both LOVE punch. So cold, refreshing and fun. It just makes any occasion seem like a party. Try this easy and festive punch - 7-UP, cranberry juice, raspberry sherbet and frozen rasberries to keep it cold. Serve in fun Valentine's cups with a paper straw. 



It wouldn't be a holiday if Landon didn't have new pajamas to wear. He'll be waiting for cupid in these cute little pajamas I found on ebay. I love a freshly bathed boy in new PJs.  Makes this momma's heart so happy. 

Stop by next week for some more fun Valentine posts and details on our book club. Be sure to stop by on Facebook and enter my giveaway that's going on now. 

Have a great weekend!


Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment